The OGA intends to produce updated projections of UKCS activity ahead of the UK government’s Autumn 2017 Budget. To inform our projections, we are seeking updated data from industry. The UKCS Stewardship Survey Mid-Year Activity Survey 2017 opens today, 3 July 2017, with a final date for data submission of 11 August 2017.
Updates will be requested only for:
- A greater than 10% increase or reduction in either production or cost values against those reported in the 2016 UKCS Stewardship Survey (based on total over remaining field life)
- An adjustment of the estimated cessation of production (COP) date of:
- Greater than one year, if the previous COP date was in the range 2017–2021
- Greater than two years, if the previous COP date was in the range 2022–2025
- Greater than four years, if the previous COP date was later than 2025
- New projects not reported in the 2016 UKCS Stewardship Survey
- Certain other OGA requirements on a case-by-case basis. These include fields expected to start production in 2017 and assets where data was omitted from the 2016 survey.