Geometrics: Is Hiring! Applications Geophysicist
Geometrics, Inc., a world-leading developer and manufacturer of instruments and tools for measuring and analyzing geophysical structures and other complex systems, is currently seeking an applications geophysicist for its San Jose, CA facility. This position will be part of our Sales Department and the successful applicant will have experience with seismic data acquisition.
Geometrics is seeking an individual interested in working as an Application Geophysicist in our Seismic Sales and Application Department. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to use his/her geophysical background and business skills to provide solutions to customers involved in geophysical surveys.
- Working with customers to gain an understanding of their problem and proposing and quoting hardware/software solutions
- Fielding support calls and emails
- Installation and commissioning of systems worldwide
- Training customers on the use of seismic and other geophysical equipment
- Visiting potential customers and giving presentations
- Representing Geometrics at conferences (SEG, EAGE, SAGEEP, etc.)
- Domestic and international travel for periods of up to 3 weeks.
- Writing specification datasheets and user’s manuals
- Communicating the needs of customers to engineering and support groups within Geometrics.
This is a key position for Geometrics. We need talent and ambitious people who have practical field survey expertise, able to understand our customers’ requirements, enjoy a challenge, and are not afraid to get their hands dirty. Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must; diplomacy in handling customer problems and finding solutions is a very important part of the job.